Tuesday, May 20, 2008

IIM Calcutta: The Zeroth Impression

Its zeroth because I am yet to see the place. They call it Joka. Reason is kinda obvious. It is located in the area named Joka. In kolkata they even call it IIM Joka. Interesting :)

The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of IIM Cal is peace. However I am so sure that peace will be the last thing I will have over there. Yet there is a sense of peace in me. That finally I don't have to make plans for next two years.

The campus is beautiful is what people say. Lots of lakes, lots of trees and lots of birds. That sure sounds interesting and adds to the peace prejudice I have.

Main attraction of the insti as it seems is JBS BaroC (Joka Band Stand, 12C is the origin of the term). Its the music band of IIM Calcutta. Would love to be a part of it. Will try my best to improve myself on guitar in next 30 days. Lets see how it goes.

Work load is going to be huge. Though less than the other two sibling IIMs (as people say). However, I don't expect it to be of the kind which will give me a to relax. So the obvious victim will be sleep.

I'll end this post abruptly here. will conclude this with the first impression after I get to Jokaland.
Till then keep reading.

P.S.: Taken from my other blog Dreamer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Joka Management" I what you would ask the Taxi driver to take you to from the Howrah Station or Airport. Apparently, IIM has too many syllables to be remembered ;)

Also, I thought KBS was Joka BUS Stand?

Dreamer said...

@serendipiteous: Joka Management... sounds funny but funny can be useful.

I just read some comment by some senior that JBS is Joka "Band" Stand. Before that even I believed it to be "Bus" stand. But the manipulative mind told me that "Band" makes more sense and I accepted it as truth.